How Can I Keep My Data Safe?
Just how common are data breaches?
Data breaches are on the rise and any data handled in-house is at risk. Many of these breaches are caused by malware listening to data as it passes through the system. According to the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC), the only way to block against this malware is through P2PE, Point-to-Point Encryption. Intelligent Contacts, working with Bluefin Payment Systems, is equipped with the one of the only PCI certified P2PE solutions. P2PE works by assigning data from each transaction a unique encryption key before it ever reaches the POS system or vendor’s network, removing your internal network and infrastructure out of the scope of PCI. PCI requirements drop by 90% when you use a PCI certified P2PE solution, saving you time, money, effort, and reducing the chances of you becoming the victim of an expensive data breach. Our P2PE solution is completely compatible with all other Intelligent Contacts solutions such as Intelligent Negotiator, making your payment processing a breeze.
Reported data breaches in 2016
Increase in records exposed vs 2015
So what can you do?
Build and maintain a secure network and systems
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
Protect cardholder data
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
Maintain a vulnerability management system
- Protect all systems against malware and regularly update anti-virus software or programs
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implement strong access control measures
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Identify and authenticate access to system components
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
Regularly monitor and test networks
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes